Gosstyla, Hogue & Associates
Actuarial Employee Benefits and Systems Consulting
This site is for GH&A, associates, clients and their employes. The general public is invited to browse and
use the programs available in the public section, however no support is provided. To contact GH&A address email
- Annuity Calculator
This program calculates the present value now and at time payments start, using the specified assumptions,
of annuity payments in the amount and form specified. In addition if a current Deposit amount is entered its projected
value at time payments start is also determined. One use of this program is to calculate Actuarially Equivalent
optional forms of retirement benefits.
- Portfolio Disbursement and Investment Policy Analyzer
Projects a portfolio's investment performance, disbursements, taxes paid and market value. Annual results are displayed although most activity is projected by quarter.
Note this program calculates and stores in your computer memory alot of data! Older, under powered computers may not be able to run this program.
- Portfolio Investment Performance Analysis
Calculates the annual rate of return of a specified portfolio for various time periods. NOTE - requires reading portfolio history file from your computer's hard drive using Java 2's security manager.
- Social Security
Calculates the Primary Insurance Amount given the determination year, age, retirement age, each years salary
from age 16 to retirement, and assumed annual increase in future years' Wagebases, National Average Earnings, and
Cost of Living.
- Tax Deferral Effectiveness
Compares immediately taxed and tax deferred savings arrangements using various assumptions concerning:
- Portion of earnings from income and appreciation.
- Income and Capital Gains marginal tax rates.
- Differences in expected investment performance between immediately taxed and tax deferred approaches.
- Unrecognized appreciation (for tax purposes).
- Differences in expenses incurred between immediately taxed and taxed deferred approaches.
- Tax Deferred Account Projector
Given current age, retirement age, current account balance, and any 2 of:
will calculate the remaining third item and expected monthly amount payable for life starting at retirement age.
- Expected annual earnings percentage.
- Monthly account contribution.
- Balance at retirement.